azeroth...

Go down

azeroth...

Post  thanos on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:54 am

Im curious why ppl think that everyone knows what 2200+ rating, BT, 2v2 arena or sunwell means... Most applications seems like we recruit for wow....
thanos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: azeroth...

Post  AkleOrNoddy on Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:35 am

Ahaha.

I know, yet I suppose it shows there Experience within MMO's.
AkleOrNoddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Koori on Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:15 am

Technically we are not recruiting for WoW, but consider the fact that around 70% of all players who have MMO experience have started with WoW, and for alot of them it's the only MMO experience. Remember your first MMO? It's still the best and the most important for you. That's the same with them.

Sometimes I really agree with Richard Bartle, that if he could do one thing in life without any consequences he'd cancel creation of World of Warcraft.

(Disclaimer: No. I'm not angry WoW player who bashes the game because he is tired of all the gind and raiding(also a grind Razz).)

Koori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Esk on Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:59 am

I'd say if you're a game lover, and you play MMOs, it's impossible not to have played WoW, at least for a month or two.... Heck the game's been out for 4 years now. Time enough to make a gamer curious and say "man, what's so great about this game, I should give it a try".

More to it, applicants are requested to fill a form, and if you read Vandire's introduction thread about BOD, (click here), it says that current BOD leaders have MMO experience and have ran a guild in WoW.

Even if anyone can comment on applications, those are mainly directed to the GM and the Officers, who make the final call. So if the leaders have WoW experience, and know what 2200+ arena rating means, why not talk about it in an application? Wink
Not every guild member will understand, but those that decide about the invite will. And I'd say it matters knowing you recruit some players who were really skilled in another MMO, just as well as it matters for the recruits knowing that our current leaders have lead other guilds before.

PS. I just saw that... it's actually recommended in the application form to talk about your MMO experience Smile
Past MMO Experience: (Tell us how far you got in these games, e.g. If you played WoW, how far did you get in the Arena? Or what raid instances do you have experience in?)
Esk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thanos on Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:12 am

Esk wrote:I'd say if you're a game lover, and you play MMOs, it's impossible not to have played WoW, at least for a month or two.... Heck the game's been out for 4 years now. Time enough to make a gamer curious and say "man, what's so great about this game, I should give it a try".

More to it, applicants are requested to fill a form, and if you read Vandire's introduction thread about BOD, (click here), it says that current BOD leaders have MMO experience and have ran a guild in WoW.

Even if anyone can comment on applications, those are mainly directed to the GM and the Officers, who make the final call. So if the leaders have WoW experience, and know what 2200+ arena rating means, why not talk about it in an application? Wink
Not every guild member will understand, but those that decide about the invite will. And I'd say it matters knowing you recruit some players who were really skilled in another MMO, just as well as it matters for the recruits knowing that our current leaders have lead other guilds before.

PS. I just saw that... it's actually recommended in the application form to talk about your MMO experience Smile
Past MMO Experience: (Tell us how far you got in these games, e.g. If you played WoW, how far did you get in the Arena? Or what raid instances do you have experience in?)

No, i wont agree that any game or mmo lover should try wow.How many wow players tried lineage for example? i didnt... I played wow and loved it but there are ppl that didnt and other that tried it when no sunwell or arena existed. You are right about the applications though, my mistake
thanos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vander on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:46 am

GLADIATOR, BITCHES
Vander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Morrodar on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:07 am

Does this mean that black orc down does not let people into the guild unless they are experienced in wow or other MMO's? curious since they want to know before they say yes... Looks like about everyone of you have played wow and for a long time Question makes me curious about what you guys expect in this MMO, hehe.
Morrodar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vandire on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:50 am

Previous end game MMO experience is required to join BOD yes.

Admin

View user profile http://blackorcdown.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum